1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Philtrum Jewelry Questions

Discussion in 'Body Jewelry' started by rachsamantha, Jun 17, 2015.

1. rachsamantha

rachsamantha New Member

Hi, all. This is my first posting on this forum. I got my philtrum pierced yesterday at an 18g. I know 18g is generally not recommended, but it had to be done because I just got a new job and I have to be able to put a tiny ending on. Anyway, I was fitted with an 18g titanium threadless labret bar. I am eventually going to stretch it up to at least a 16g. I have had thousands of dollars worth of work done in dentistry/orthodontics. When I can, I want to switch to a Bioplast labret bar. My two questions are:
    1. Does anyone have any recommendations of which Bioplast post I should use?
    2. Is there a way to make it so I can get a 16g Bioplast post, and use 16g titanium ends?
    Thank you. I have no reason why I attached a photo of myself, other than pure excitement!
    unnamed.jpg

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a login you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

I altered your post because the type of jewelry you mentioned was a name brand which competes with Painful Pleasures. If you check the rules it's a no-no.

FYI - the type of piercing you have is usually referred to as a Medusa.

PP has 16ga bioplast labret posts that will accept threadless jewelry. I will notify someone who can help.

There is no crime in being excited. Taking a selfie in the car could be if you were driving. Hopefully you weren't.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. rachsamantha

rachsamantha New Member

Thank you for your reply, and my apologies for using a name brand in my post. I did not take the selfie while driving -- just as a passenger!

4. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Your welcome. Sometimes we get people putting links up to the other sites which is worse. Especially after the 3 message mandatory moderation period.

I am glad you weren't driving. It looked like you were in a parking lot so I figured you weren't moving.

5. michelleg

michelleg Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the delayed response. The following products would best suit your requirements. We do not offer 18g bioplast labrets. We don't have bioplast titanium tops, but we have a 16g bioplast converter that you can use to thread titanium balls onto. Below are the links to the products.

Thank You

https://store.painfulpleasures.com/16g-bioplastic-flexible-threadless-labret-post-1-4-1-2.html

https://store.painfulpleasures.com/16g-bioplastic-converter.html

https://store.painfulpleasures.com/16g-titanium-replacement-externally-threaded-ball.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017