1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Share your Branding Experience!

Discussion in 'Branding' started by Illyria Jade_mod, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Illyria Jade_mod

Illyria Jade_mod New Member

The purpose of this thread is to share experiences so that other people can read it and get an idea of what to expect when getting branded!

Your post can be as long or short as you like, but please try to cover the following points when you post ::

• Where is your brand located?
    • How was your branding done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)?
    • How large was your brand?
    • How painful was your branding experience?
    • How long was it painful after the branding process?
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))?
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no scabbing, etc)?
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc?
    • Does your brand affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)?

2. Absinthe_Fairy

Absinthe_Fairy New Member

Hope you don't mind me filling this out in bullet points.

Where is your brand located? i have 2 on one of my wrists and one on the inside of my ankle
    • How was your branding done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)? One on my wrist was done by a close friend with a cautery pen, the other I did with a needle that I heated up (hmm, how hygienic??) and the one on my ankle started off as a self brand but the same friend went over it with a different cautery pen.
    • How large was your brand? 2 small stars (small enough to both fit on one wrist) but one is bigger than the other. the one on my ankle is all around the inner ankle bone.
    • How painful was your branding experience? I tend to "up" the pain mentally, before i experience it, so i expected alot of pain with the cautery pen since I'd never been branded before, but it was bearable. The smell turned my stomach. When I branded myself there was no smell of burning flesh but it wasn't pain as such, i numbed to it after a while. the ankle was more painful since the skin is thin and the cautery pen went quite deep, and it was over scar tissue anyway. I thought since it was over      tissue it'd be less painful, but i was so wrong!
    • How long was it painful after the branding process? About an hour or so, then it was just a dull ache, but with my ankle I caught it on alot of things, like shoes etc, because i'm pretty clumsy!
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))? no, i didnt irritate because im olive skinned anyway and I scar easily quite dark scars too.
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no scabbing, etc)? really quickly, but im not exactly sure how long, ive redone the stars on wrist a couple of times.
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc? just telling my mum what they were! i take a sort of laissez-faire approach with everything and let it heal without lotions n potions etc etc. I did keep catching my ankle, as I've said.
    • Does your brand affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)?: My mother kept asking what the ones on my wrist were and i'd say "nothing, mum........." until one day she asked really bluntly and I told her and she was actually quite fascinated :D they get noticed at work sometimes, but no-one saysa anything.

3. Jimma

Jimma New Member

As my first post on this whole forum, I've decided I'd share my DIY branding experience. In no way do I reccomend doing this yourself, very painful and I don't think mine healed quite right.

• Where is your brand located? My brand is located on the right side of my chest.

• How was your branding done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)? The process was all DIY, and though I love it very much and it means a lot to me, I wish I had a bit more to show for it. I used an iron skeleton key, a propane torch, and a pair of needle nose pliers and stood there in my back yard and just did it.

• How large was your brand? My brand is about 3 inches long and maybe an inch wide at the head of the key.

• How painful was your branding experience? Not as bad as I expected but still pretty painful.

• How long was it painful after the branding process? for about 2 weeks mine was painful do to scabbing and all.

• Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))? I didn't touch the brand during it healing, completely left alone.

• How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no scabbing, etc)? about a month or so if i remember correctly

• Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc? The scarring is very faded because I don't believe it was deep enough. I would definitely like to do it again professionally.

• Does your brand affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)? I don't regret it at all, very representative of a different time in my life. Absolutely love it.

Well, if I had a picture I'd post it, but unfortunately my camera is broken. You can definitely tell it's DIY but I still love it because I did it to myself.

Well I look foreward to posting more and getting to know everyone.

~Jimma

4. Skymeat

Skymeat New Member

My DIY

Where is your brand located? On my right thigh.

How was your branding done? DIY

How large was your brand? 6 x 3 inches

How painful was your branding experience? Holding the brand in a welding glove was far more painful than the brand.

How long was it painful after the branding process? Three days in and no pain, just a mild discomfort today.

Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? No.

How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no scabbing, etc)? TBD

Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc? Brand was machined well, and constructed perfectly for my purpose.

Does your brand affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)? Not yet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Nice constellation branding. Please post in the introduction area and let us know a little about yourself. Also if you could please read our rules thread we'd appreciate it! :)

6. Skymeat

Skymeat New Member

Thanks.

I just read it again, and don't know why you'd mention it, except that I replied to an older post. I figured the fact it was a sticky and made by a mod, and was eliciting information it might be exempt from that rule.

7. piercedpussylicker

piercedpussylicker New Member

He is just saying to write up a introduction about yourself and post it in the introductions so members know a littl more about you thats all. You didnt do anything wrong this post of your is in the right spot.

8. • Where is your brand located?
    forearms
    • How was your branding done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)?
    did it myself when i was younger, i used a needle thet i heated up
    • How large was your brand?
    about 2" on each arm
    • How painful was your branding experience?
    not very(i did this during my cutting and self harm period of my teens)
    • How long was it painful after the branding process?
    about a week
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))?
    i went back over it several times to help it stand out more
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no scabbing, etc)?
    about two weeks
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc?
    no i tried to hide it from my parents
    • Does your brand affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)?
    yes ....my parents found out and sent me to a rehab center for cutter, self harm, and drugs for two weeks
    you cant see the one on my left arm but you can kinda see the one on the right...

9. Grampareg

Grampareg New Member

I have had the side of my scrotum branded along with both sides of my glans. It's an awesome feeling