1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Share your Stretching Experiences!

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by Illyria Jade_mod, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Illyria Jade_mod

Illyria Jade_mod New Member

The purpose of this thread is to share experiences so that other people can read it and get an idea of what to expect when stretching.

Your post can be as long or short as you like, but please try to cover the following points when you post ::

• What body part did you stretch?
    • How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc)
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to (14g to 12g, etc)?
    • How painful was your stretching experience?
    • How long was it painful after your stretch?
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)?
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing?
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching?

2. solnyez

solnyez New Member

I'll start, I guess.

Conch Stretching

I started out with a 12ga conch. I had a piece of glass in there and rather liked the see-through look and decided that it would be fun to stretch. I'm sure there were other reasons, but I remember this one best of all. :lol:

I stretched it after I'd had the piercing about 5 months. It wasn't sore, had no crusties, and there was no swelling.

I borrowed some 10ga glass jewelry from a friend and took it in to get autoclaved. I came back a half hour later and the piercer took out my old jewelry, cleaned it up, and then tapered the new jewelry in. It was a bit difficult and my ear was throbbing afterwards. I went to workout immediately afterwards and my ear was kind of red, but the endorphins from working out took care of everything for me.

At first I didn't like it and thought that it looked too big, but then it grew on me. The swelling and redness went down after about a day and my piercing was as good as ever. About a month and half later I went back to the piercing studio and they looked at it and said that it looked healthy and we decided to stretch to 8ga. I picked out a gorgeous piece of glass that was green and sparkly. This time it hurt a lot more with the taper. According to the piercer the jumps between gauges increases with the guage and the 10 to 8 stretch isn't so comfortable. But there was no bleeding or blowouts and after a day my piercing was fine. And it's been fine since then, and I'm totally going to stretch it up to 6 ga next.

3. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

• What body part did you stretch? My Lobes
    • How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc) Tapers, always with Lube! KY Jelly or soap
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to (14g to 12g, etc)? I stretched my first lobe piercings from a 20g, gunned sized, to 16, then to 14, then to 10 (yeh, I know, I know...), to 8, to 6, to 4, to 2, to 0, where they are at now. My second lobe piercings, I learned, and didn't skip a gauge. Those are at 6g.
    • How painful was your stretching experience? Not at all on the ones that I did properly. The ones that I skipped gauges on felt like a tight pinch. I've often equated it to the first time I had sex...about that feeling. The pinch. Good reason to NOT skip gauges, right?
    • How long was it painful after your stretch? The ones that were done properly, just a bit tight is all. The others, well, those hurt for about 2 days.
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? Less than a week, on all of them.
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing? Never. I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to say that, too.
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? Yes. I like the way my ears look now, before I hated them with a passion.

4. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

• What body part did you stretch? my lobes
    • How did you stretch?I used tapers at the beginning then discovered that if I just played with my jewelry enough I could just pt the next size of tunnels in, until I went from a 2g to a 0g then I had to use tapers again.
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to ? 16g to a 0g (obviously not at once)
    • How painful was your stretching experience? No pain at all, but there was some heated feeling after stretching different sizes
    • How long was it painful after your stretch? No pain only warm sensation
    • How long did it take to heal fully? Longer at the beginng the longest I think was a month and a half
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing? Nope
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? Nope, except people constantly ask me to take out my plug to see the actual hole size. But during stretching when I had tapers in it drove my gym teacher crazy, because "they were dangerous" she flunked me...three terms in a row.

5. Illyria Jade_mod

For those of you who want to know what a bad experience is like ::

- Ear lobes (first holes) that had been gunned 9 years prior.

• How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc)

- Tapers, on my own, tried using soap and KY jelly for lubricant.

- I went from tiny cheese-wire hoops to CBRs at 18g. This wasn't horrific, the stretching process wasn't painful (had a pro do it) but they burned like all hell for about 24 hours. Eventually had a pro take me from 18-16 (again, burned). I did 16-14g on my own, wasn't a horrific experience, but was painful for about 2-3 days.

- Eventually, I got a set of tapers and some 12g cbrs. using KY jelly, I tried to get the tapers through, but it was incredibly painful and started bleeding. A couple weeks later, I tried stretching with the tapers and soap as my lubricant, with the same result, so I gave up and put my 14s back in. This is NOT how a single gauge stretch should work. After talking to my piercer and telling her how much trouble I had with my lobes when they were originally gunned (2 years to heal because I didn't know what appropriate aftercare was, kept using the solution they gave me, neosporin, acholol and hydrogen peroxide- BAD!), I took my rings out and felt my ear...TONS of scar tissue.

- I had always known there was a big bump in my ear, but I didn't realize it was scar tissue or that there was anything wrong with it. Due to the amount of scar tissue, it was impossible to stretch any larger than what I had. I took my jewelry out for about 3 months and did daily vit. e oil massages before I went in and got repierced. Thankfully to the vit. e massages, instead of having to core out the scar tissue from my ear with a needle, the piercer said that there shouldn't be any problem if I just got it repierced.

• How painful was your FAILED stretching experience?

- Incredibly and horrifically painful trying to go up from 14g to 12g

• How long was it painful after your FAILED stretch?

- I had to start aftercare all over with it, it was painful for about a week and took another week after that to heal again.

- 2 weeks no jewelry, twice daily aftercare.

- No blowout, and no tearing because I stopped when I noticed it was bleeding.

• Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching?

- Had to have my ears repierced because of all the scar tissue in my ears due to 2 year healing time and gunned piercing.

6. verticalmedusa19

verticalmedusa19 New Member

i stretched my earlobes started at a 20g. My old piercer stretched mys ears to a 12g, just using lube. That wasnt that painful, just like getting my ears pierced again, they bleed a little bit, but i didnt rilly care, it wuz sore for about a week. The next stretching i went from a 12g to a 2g with a taper and lube. NOW that was PAINFUL :shock: . That hurt so bad, I bleed for about 4 hours. It wuz sore for about 4 weeks. and i just stretched them by myself to a 0g. with some tapers and water. It hurt alot and it still hurts, alot of crusties! Im going to be staying at a 0 for quite sometime.
    :p

7. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

Ok I just stretched my ear to the last size to reach my ultimate goal.

• What body part did you stretch? Lobes
    • How did you stretch? I had my piercer use tapers, and becuase I brought my own plugs and because I work there, FREE!
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to ? 0 to 00
    • How painful was your stretching experience? here was no pain during the dtretch, Johnny ( my piercer) is unbelievably gentle, but they hurt now
    • How long was it painful after your stretch? I just got them done this afternoon so I really couldn't tell you, but hopefully not for long
    • How long did it take to heal fully? New stretch, but hopefully not long
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing? Nope, Johnny was as gentle and as careful as could be
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? It hurts, and I won't be able to go into the mosh pit tomorrow night, oh well

8. iamblackbird

VERTICALMEDUSA:

I suggest that you do one of two things for your lobes:

1. Take the jewelry out, downsize, and let heal.
    2. Leave jewelry in, let heal, do aftercare like MAD, use Vitamin E Oil to soften your scar tissue.

9. iamblackbird

• What body part did you stretch? Inner labia
    • How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc): I did it on my own, using a taper (although I didn't really need to...)
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to (14g to 12g, etc)? 14 to 12g.
    • How painful was your stretching experience? Not at all. The only thing that was weird was that the taper was metal and COLD!
    • How long was it painful after your stretch? Wasn't. At all!
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? About...oh....3 minutes.
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing? Nope.
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? Oh yeh. The curved barbell I've got in there flips up and...well, you know the feeling you get when you have something suddenly touch an unexpected place? Yeh.
    That, and it just looks so cool!

10. Illyria Jade_mod

- Ear Lobes

- myself, with tapers, aquaphor for lubricant

- 8g to 6g

- Not bad at all.  Right lobe was easier than left, but neither was bad.

- Went to bed shortly after, was painless by the next morning.

- Never had any crusties or pain.

- Not a one, not a drop of blood or slightest bit of crusties

- I looooooooooooooove 6g, and I love silicone plugs...I can't wait to get to 4g!  The best part, imo, was that I had to take my plugs out for an hour the first day I got to houston for an EEG (monitors on my earlobes), and the rings went right back in (slightly moistened)...I was scared to death that I'd have to get out my taper and stretch it again, but I had no problems at all!  HOORAH!  That's the longest I've ever been able to leave earrings out in my whole life without the holes closing completely.

11. iamblackbird

You did so have a problem...getting the squishies in!

12. Illyria Jade_mod

:p yeah, but that was the next day!

13. iamblackbird

Excuses, excuses!

14. chrisXdiesXtoday

chrisXdiesXtoday New Member

• What body part did you stretch? lobes

• How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc) tapers, dead force, tape, kaos silicone, basically every method

pierced with a 10, stretch to an 8 at the same time
    8 to 4
    4 to 2
    2 to 0
    0 to 00
    00 to 7/16
    7/16 to 1/2
    1/2 to 5/8
    5/8 to 3/4
    3/4 to 7/8
    • How painful was your stretching experience? well let me give advice, LISTEN TO EVERYONE ON THIS WEBSITE!! i had horrible pain with 8 to 4, 2 to 0, and 00 to 7/16

• How long was it painful after your stretch? not very long, after i woke up in the morning the pain was gone

• How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? week at the most

• Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing?  very VERY fortunate to not have any problems so far

• Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? yes i love the look of them, also i love the feeling of having everyone stare at me when walking through a store, etc.

15. chrisXdiesXtoday

chrisXdiesXtoday New Member

sorry about that, went from 00 to 1/2 (yes ouch and yes stupid) i was never at 7/16.

16. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

What body part did you stretch? My lobes
    • How did you stretch? Professionally with tapers
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to? 00g to 7/16"
    • How painful was your stretching experience? It was the most painful so far
    • How long was it painful after your stretch? About half hour
    • How long did it take to heal fully? Pain gone within half hour, still healing though :)
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing? When stretching my left ear we discovered that it didn't want to go through and when it did it just popped right out, so it had to be stretched twice
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? I have solid SSS plugs in, so they are heavy and they swing when I run which causes me to break out into hysterical fits of laughter

17. stacker55_mod

stacker55_mod New Member

body part: lobes

How: claws, one taper, some tapered glass jewelry

Started and stopped:
    i went from 20 to 14
    then from 14 to 10 (both using claws)
    then from 10 to 4 (accrylic taper)
    4 to 0 (using tapered glass)

each stretch was just like getting that gauge pierced, painful as crap because they ripped each time

they hurt for about 5 hours then stopped

since i used a stupid method they are still healing more than a year later

problems are mentioned above

i love that when i clean them i can feel my other finger through the hole. i adore that you can see through them, and  i'm pumped to start going higher than 00 whenever they heal

18. David-63

David-63 New Member

Guess I'll bring up the thread with my stretching experiences  :grin:
    **EDIT: 2G STRETCH**
    • Left and Right Lobe
    • Self Stretch with Implant Grade Stainless Steel Tapers when stated, no taper when not stated and i used watery vaseline, washing ear really well afterward.
    • 20g to 14g, 14g to 12g, 12g to 10g, 10g to 8g *taper, 8g to 6g *taper*, 6g to 4g *taper*, 4g to 2g *taper*.
    • Time: 20g to 14g = 3 weeks after piercing
               14g to 12g = 3 days after previous
               12g to 10g = 4 days after previous
               10g to 8g = 7 days after previous
               8g to 6g = 1 month after previous
               6g to 4g = 2 1/2 months after previous *best stretch*
               4g to 2g = 4 months or so after previous *should have waited a bit longer*
    • I rushed alot of the smaller gauges and i had no problems at all until i came to 8g, had a problem, waited about 2 and 1/2 months for my 4g stretch and it was smooth as butter, so nice.
    • Only pain I had through these stretches is 10g to 8g, two days into the stretch my earring kept getting caught on my girlfriend (fingernails, etc), twice was all it needed for it to tear i'm guessing, it filled with blood for the rest of that day, then drained itself that night while i was sleeping.
    • Other than the one time there was no pain, no blood, no crusties
    • The 10g to 8g took about 4 days to heal back to normal, all others went on like i didnt change the gauge.
    • 2g Went well, 4 months wasnt long enough i think, they were fine but it hurt, i wasnt used to that much pain from stretching, no bleeding or anything so it went well overall. Took about 2 1/2 weeks to heal.

19. Jon0807

Jon0807 New Member

Lobes

Professionally/self with tapers + lube (surgical lube / soap)

Started with whatever I was gunned at many many ears ago and stuck 14g hoops in it (yes it was stupid but I didn't know any better).  I did some research and talked to a couple of piercers and a month later had them stretch my main holes from 14 to 10 then to 8 (professional). Then I went to 6g, 4g and 2g (waiting about a month in between done by myself).  I'm planning on eventually going to 00g but the jump from 2g to 0g seems huge so I may wait 2-3 months before I do.

Pain is relative but the stretch from 14 to 8 was more of a burning than actual pain.  Alot more than I expected.  But the others were only slightly discomforting.

The stretch from 14 to 8 burned for about an hour after.  The others were gone after the taper went thru.

Still stretching so I get the build up on the jewelry.

No problems at all but the next stretch does look a bit scarry  :shock:

My initial plans were to have my main holes to 4g and the second 8g and third 10g or something and to wear SSS segmented hoops.  But after feeling how heavy the 4g hoops were, I've had chang my plans.  After looking thru all the jewelry available, I liked what I saw in wood and bone/horn plugs and spirals.  I'm choosing 00g because I can get some really nice wood plugs that I can't get with smaller guages.  I don't really wanna go any bigger than that.  But then again, I thought I'd never go past 4g  :eek:   The only thing I'm unhappy about is my left ear.  It's weirdly shaped due to bad treatement when I was younger (wearing heavy earrings right after I pierced it with sewing needle etc...)  But the stretching is actually making it look normal like my right lobe.

Wow that was a nice lil ramble session there  :oops:

20. iamblackbird

• What body part did you stretch? Septum
    • How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc) Tapers and KY
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to (14g to 12g, etc)? I've gone from 14g to 6g, one step at a time.
    • How painful was your stretching experience? Only painful from 8g to 6g. That was also VERY slow.
    • How long was it painful after your stretch? Three or four days, it was sore.
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? About a week and a half.
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing? Nope. Had to get used to a larger piece of jewelry, but that's it.
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? A bit, for awhile. The septum area now is pushed millimeters lower, which makes a slight difference in the way that my nose feels.