1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

question!

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by kaposhia_mod, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

:?: Hi, I'm fairly new to the piercing world. I'm too chicken to get a nipple piercing, so maybe a suface piercing above of the nipple? I don't want one between the breasts, but somewhere in that area! I called my local piercers, and neither (a whole two in my town) do surface piercings, so they couldn't help me. I also thought of having one on each breast forming a seperated V...not sure about this, obviously. Help! :?

~kaposhia

2. solnyez

solnyez New Member

That is a rather unusual piercing, and you're going to have to shop around for a good piercer that does surface piercings.

I'm not entirely sure that it's a possible piercing, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Surface piercings, no matter where you get them, are prone to rejection though. Much more so than a normal nipple piercing.

3. Ice17Hockey

Ice17Hockey New Member

I agree, it will be hard to find someone who is experienced enough to do piercings like that. It should be impossible to find someone. I really like the idea you had, very original... and again surface piercings are usually temporary and are prone to rejection, so don't plan on having it for toooo long, lol. Also, as a side note, the nipples aren't that bad, but you have to make sure you are confortable getting something you want, ya know! Hope that helps!
    Leah

4. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

Also, since the area that you are describing is normally covered by other clothing, you would have to be sure that your aftercare took that specific factor into mind.

Let us know...that does sound interesting, although difficult.

5. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

I've thought it over and am really decided on the V thing. I found a few pictures online of just that, but only one of exactly what I want. I'm not good with computers either, so if anyone can tell me how to post a picture on here I will gladly show y'all. I've been researching surface piercings a LOT, and I found some places that do them in town. What all do I need to ask them to determine if they are 'good'?

6. solnyez

solnyez New Member

Good piercers have clean studios and are willing to answer any of your questions related to procedures and cleanliness aka they will show you the spore tests of their autoclave, let you watch them clean the area and prepare things. They will also have had years of experience, and also an apprenticeship. A portfolio is a good thing to see some examples of what they have done. Good aftercare procedures are also a good sign. Look at the appearance of the studio too - is there dust on the counters or is everything immaculate and clean?

They should be friendly, willing to listen to you and work with you, clean, qualified, and you should feel comfortable around them.

Also - word of mouth is good. Do people recommend them and have good things to say about them?

7. iamblackbird

Send me the link to your picture via Private Message, I can post it (or link it) for you.

8. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

[​IMG]

Hopefully that worked. That is what I want :D

9. shakah

shakah Guest

You have to upload your picture on the net first (on a site like photobucket.) :)

10. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

11. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  12. iamblackbird

I changed the picture link to just a regular URL link...you cannot just post pics from another copyrighted site, otherwise we could face a lawsuit. You may link, so long as you give credit to the original site/owner.
    Thanks-
    bird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.