1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

questions about branding

Discussion in 'Branding' started by jadedjade, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jadedjade

jadedjade New Member

well my ol' man and I are getting married in June and we want to get branded, I have a few questions and may have a problem. I read a lot about branding but haven't had all my questions answered...
    I am allergic to fake metals and copper. I'm afraid of typical iron brand and am interested in stainless steele, but would like to know if anyone would have any information to the matter. also im wondering about the size the brand should be, Im in Texas so I'm sure I can have one made, just not sure the appropriate size. would really appreciate some feed back...

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a log in you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

If this was 4/1 I might suspect we were being played. Size will probably depend on a few things. First, how large is the area you have to work in and are you trying to fill it? How complex is the design. If you want people to appreciate it, you will want it large enough so the details don't run together.

True branding is a burn and depending on how large you make it, the area could be sore for a while. Burns also seem to become infected easily as well. An alternative is scarification. The design is cut so there is no need for a branding iron.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
    jadedjade likes this.
  3. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi Jade,
    There a couple of other threads here about branding.
    As DND says a brand is a burn and actually it is a deep burn.
    3rd degree burns risk infection and are extremely painful- EXTREMELY.
    As you are in Texas obviously you are aware that branding is mostly done on cattle
    and cattle skin is many many times tougher than human skin.
    There are one or two people on PP who have direct experience of branding who may jump into
    this conversation with some tips but honestly when it comes to this I am out of my depth.
    Copper has a low melting point compared to stainless steel and I doubt that you would get a brand
    made from copper anyway.
    In principle any brand should be well away from ALL organs and not close to major blood vessels or
    over a bony area. Probably the safest place you could consider would be your buttocks.
    I hope that your research helps you to decide what you want.

jadedjade likes this.
  4. jadedjade

jadedjade New Member

thank you both. I am very aware of the risks involved in branding (or burning) I am looking to get my ol' man's initials or a special yet simple design representing him (our love and struggles, etc) on my thigh, 2-3 inches in height and probably about the same width. I'm not looking for anything feminine or pretty, I want it to be there (not necessarily gruesome, but definitely obvious and visible)