1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Retainer/tapper

Discussion in 'Ideas for New Jewelry' started by rabbit6470, Feb 19, 2014.

1. rabbit6470

rabbit6470 Member

I have a 10g septum piercing. I'd like to see a retainer that is a 10g on the ends and 8g in the center. Also different sizes to make stretching easier.

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

The idea of a tapered septum retainer is a good one. I haven't heard of it before, but somebody might have one. The closest I have seen on PP is this.

https://store.painfulpleasures.com/...er-from-18g-up-to-8g-in-size-price-per-1.html

The ends are tapered so insertion should be easier. You can also get a set of tapers and use them to insert more standard retainers. It's too bad they don't sell acrylic retainers. You could taper the ends yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. rabbit6470

rabbit6470 Member

I looked at those. For some reason I am nervous about having glass in my nose. I keep getting punched, kicked or slapped there. Ultimately I would like to get up to a 6 or 4 gauge.

4. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I just approved your 3rd post. All future posts will go up immediately. Happy posting.

I can appreciate that. My wife got me some glass jewelry for my nipples. I have only worn them once.

5. mike

mike Member

as for your comment about more sizes for easier stretching, i've done that for a few people and myself as well. .5mm increments (only about .020") are a much easier stretch.