1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Ring finger dermal

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by Aria, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Aria

Aria Member

I was looking to get a little more info on this

Like rejection rate etc?

finger-dermal.jpg

2. Miz

Miz Member

I think these are really neat as well, but the amount of gore I saw in watching videos of the procedure was pretty gnarly!

3. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

The amount of blood will vary with individuals. Diet and meds can effect bleeding rates. There may be ways to minimize the amount of blood as well like elevating the hand above the body. I would also suspect it depends on the skill of the person performing it.

The thing with dermals is they can get caught on things and this can cause them to reject/migrate. Choose your location wisely.

4. Miz

Miz Member

I am a free bleeder and surprisingly, the only one that did not weep/bleed of my tattoos was my shy guy on my foot.
    Then again I'm a sweets fiend and I love my caffeine both of which are beyond a small bit of a no-no.

I was under the impression that if they use a dermal punch though that they would not have to scrape along behind it with a needle? That is precisely what this guy was doing, I was in pain just watching it and this was a 15min video with the last few seconds of it being the guy actually putting the anchor in and adjusting the top cap looking thing.

They're cool looking, I've seen people get them to accent tattoos but I still balk a bit about how I would do simple things like writing without hurting them. (We were considering getting these as a nice alternative to rings, but I'm a leftie!)

5. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, technique is important. I think there are some newer methods, but I am not an expert with these.