1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

sleeping with nipple piercings? (new piercings)

Discussion in 'Nipple Piercings' started by jakks4569, Mar 25, 2017.

1. jakks4569

jakks4569 New Member

Hey there! So I got my nipples pierced a little under three weeks ago, and i've been sleeping on my back without a bra so that they can air out. I hate sleeping on my back, and it's been affecting me pretty badly (i've been super tired/ my back and neck have been hurting from being uncomfortable). I'm scared that if I sleep on my side or my stomach it'll cause my curved barbells to migrate, since that presses my breasts into the mattress . Can someone let me know if this could happen/ give me some advice? Sleeping on my stomach or my side are really the only ways I'm comfortable. Not sure if this is important but in terms of breast size I wear a D cup, and my piercings are 14g curved barbells. Also, i'm new to body piercings so sorry if this question sounds silly! :)

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

If you sleep on your stomach it will likely hurt and you will turn. So not a big deal. I slept on my side and it was fine. Use a pillow under your top arm to prevent rolling onto your stomach. That should help.

Let us know how things are going. It sounds like you are doing a fine job.

3. jakks4569

jakks4569 New Member

Thanks for your answer! I've started sleeping on my side and i'm doing pretty well. Do you know when I'd be able to start sleeping on my stomach? Or will it just always hurt to put that much pressure on my piercings?

4. inktCode

inktCode New Member

I sleep on mine all the time. If I remember correctly, I was sleeping on my chest inside of 2 months.

jakks4569 likes this.
  5. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I sleep on mine too. Sometimes I do notice some discomfort in the morning, but nothing terrible. I wouldn't expect any major issues with barbells, but rings might become twisted a bit. That will get your attention.