1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

spiral piercings

Discussion in 'The Knowledge Base' started by Cee, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Cee

Cee New Member

If you have several piercings joined by one twisted barbell (like the ones in the picture), how do you clean the piercings (especially since you can't take it out during the healing process)?s

Attached Files:

2. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi Cee,
    You should NEVER take out the jewellery to clean it whilst your piercing is still in the process of healing. It went in sterile and the last thing you want to do is to introduce a 'dirty' piece of metal into your body. Use sea salt soaks if the position of the piercing allows it or H2 Ocean if you need the extra flexibility which that allows.
    I found it to be very handy for all my piercings, especially when at work. Use a cotton bud soaked in the sss if you have a crusty to remove, that should reach all the difficult bits of your ear.
    Good luck with it, that spiral piece looks beautiful.

3. bone$

bone$ Member

RainBird is right use a Q tip soaked in salt water to remove crusty, use as much salt water as you can, soaking can be a pain but if you get the salt into your piercing it will help

4. bige

bige Member

Personally, I wouldn't start with the spiral jewelry, but rather use individual rings or barbells until all are healed. Spirals are cool.

5. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

I agree with bige, start with a barbell initially, they will be much easier to look after.

6. bige

bige Member

I'd like to have a spiral myself, but considering how much trouble I had healing a single cartilage in my left ear I haven't taken any further action on the project. I know they require careful planning though.