1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Spyder

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Spyder_mod, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

Hey, my real name is Joe. I live in southeastern ohio (no, im not a hick). I have a 0 gauge in both of my lobes, i hope to get an 8 to 4 gauge in my left ear above the 0 gauge. I also hope to get a 14 gauge tongue peircing soon. I love listening to music, gauging my ears, working on websites (old school style, notepad..) lol. Oh yea, lol, i am currently 17 years old.
    Umm, some other information about me.. I gauged my left ear in about a year in a half. My right ear took me around a month and a half. (Trust me, i know its bad. So please dont post me telling me it was a bad idea. Thanks) lol. Peace..

2. Bribbitt

Bribbitt New Member

YAY for REAL web design!!!! Grrrr to people who use Frontpage. :lol: I do web design too. And I write my own code as well.

3. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

Yeah, when I write a webpage i used nothing but notepad. lol. Going to a state competition in about 3 weeks  :D . Lol. Made 1st place at the regional comp..

What piercings do you have (gauges), Bribbitt?

4. Bribbitt

Bribbitt New Member

I have a 12g conch, a 14g helix-helix industrial, 2 sets of 18g lobes, and one 16g lobe. I used to have my tongue at 12g, and I used to have an 18g rook, but I had to retire both of them. I'll soon be stretching my conch to 10g, and then to 8g. And I'll be getting an 18g nostril piercing soon.

5. shakah

shakah Guest

Hi! Welcome to the board.

BTW, another old school webmaster here. (though I will be taking a real webdesign class soon and they'll force me to use DreamWeaver!)

6. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

:shock: OMG!! I would be totally pissed if i were forced to use dreamweaver. I hate that program with a passion. It just click and drag! grr... lol.

Well thats 3 web designers! sweet  :mrgreen:

7. Bribbitt

Bribbitt New Member

yeah i'm in a multimedia production class as well and we are going to be learning Macromedia Director. I think it will be fun. I'll be able to combine my HTML web design with my graphic design and Director.

8. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

lol. graphics... I used to do all my webpage graphics in MSpaint.  :lol:  :lol: I do them now in Macro. Fireworks.
    I dont think ive ever used macro. director..

9. shakah

shakah Guest

Yeah well I hate Dreamweaver with a passion too but to include Flash on your website I guess it's the best to go. Oh how I love flash.

10. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

lol, flash is pretty cool. Most of the time i use fireworks for small animation though. BTW, how does flash tie in with dreamweaver? other than macromedia.. Is there special functions flash can perform when introduced with dreamweaver?  :?  :?:

...so confused...

11. shakah

shakah Guest

Well from what I understand, you can import an swf (flash) file in Dreamweaver and insert it in a table and such. It makes it easier to integrate your flash animation exactly how you want it in your page. But yeah I haven't started the class yet...

12. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

oh, ill have to mess with flash and dreamweaver and see what the code is. lol. thats about the only time i like using dreamweaver.

13. Illyria Jade_mod

Illyria Jade_mod New Member

HOORAH for notepad.  That's how I make mine, too!
    speaking of which, i need to go finish working on my new one!

14. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

wow! there are a lot more ppl than i thought that uses notepad. lol. thats pretty cool.

15. Illyria Jade_mod

Illyria Jade_mod New Member

to me, it's a hell of a lot easier  than any of those other programs...just because I can do whatever I want to do without having to fight with the program.  i had so many issues when i was younger trying to make frontpage do what i want, I gave up on building a site for the longest time...then i sucked it up and decided it was time to learn HTML...now notepad is my best friend when building!

16. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

lol, i started using notepad about 2 years ago, then i entered a programming class which taught that basic html codes and some basic javascript (aka, rollovers), after that my teacher shot staight to dreamweaver...  :evil:... no thanks to dreamweaver, i now consider myself influential in notepad webpage coding.

I also believe that it is A LOT easier to make a webpage in notepad rather than frontpage or dreamweaver. Plus, personally, i think those programs take away from the actual "Programmer" title.

Notepad + fireworks + IE6 = my fav. programs!  :mrgreen:

17. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

Yeh...even the TEENY bit of coding I know how to do (text changes, scrolls, tables, that fancy make-it-look-pretty- junk) I do on notepad, or the equivalent on this here mac.

18. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

New Hole!

w00t, tomarrow (monday) i should be getting my second left ear lobe peircing. If not monday, it will be sometime this week. Im so siked! yay! ill post a pic of it when it get it gauged to my perfered size, should only be a few months.  :mrgreen:

19. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

yaya Spyder! I get my second lobes done on my birthday...I'm counting down only 27 more days.

20. Spyder_mod

Spyder_mod New Member

*EDITED* ya! You got zero lobes now? I have zero in both my ears, my new one (hopefully i get tomarrow) im gonna stretch it to an 8  :mrgreen:  YAY! I CANT WAIT!!

WATCH THE LANGUAGE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.