1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Staying Logged in

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by Craftsman, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craftsman

Craftsman Member Staff Member

Seems I'm having trouble staying logged in. I normally have to log in manually every day and I've just accepted that as a quirk of the forum. Just now though, it seems to have logged me out in the time it took to compose a 3 paragraph post. 30 minutes maybe between changing screens. I tend to type, proof read, re-type, reorganize, spell check, and then post. :)

what gives?
    PB

2. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

This comes and goes sometimes. Let us know if this problem keeps happening.

Also if anyone else is having this problem feel free to post it here and we will try to get in contact with Painful so he can have his IT guys look at it.

3. Craftsman

It's still doing it, although this time I was smart enough to copy my post before trying to post it.

PP

4. Craftsman

I might have fixed it. I downloaded an add-on for Firefox called "cookie manager+" and changed the expiration date for all the PP cookies to a year from now. The main site still wants me to log on, but the forum remembers me.

PB

5. Craftsman

Nope... still logging me out.

6. xXJarredXx

Sorry for the late reply, I'll try to get hold of Painful and see if his guys can look at it for us.

7. Hazurdous

Hazurdous New Member

I've been having this problem too. I get logged out just about every 10-15 minutes, even if I'm actively browsing the site. It happens so often that I've had my browser save my log-in info so I can log back in quickly. I'm sure this is a safety feature, so a child doesn't come across their parents' account and see adult content pictures and whatnot. But, if it could be an option to stay logged in (either permanently or just a longer time interval), that would be fantastic! Thanks Jarred!

8. xXJarredXx

I have let Rainbird know about this. Hopefully soon she will send a message to Painful about this and a couple other ideas we have going on. We will let you know what happens! :)

9. Deviator

Deviator Member

Same issue. From the point I created a profile on here (fairly recently), Ive been having the same troubles. I quickly realized to copy my post before trying to post them. Ive been on this site using different computers so I know it wasnt the computer I was using. I've just come to accept it at this point, just a nuisance, nothing terrible. Would be nice to have it fixed though.

10. Craftsman

Any update on this? I see Marc hasn't posted in 2 years now, although he did log on in March.

PB

11. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Marc is there behind the scenes.
    There is a new site promised soon, how soon I'm sorry I don't know. It will depend on his IT guys and whether or not they will be able to extend the log in time, this has been an issue for as long as I have been on the site.
    If it's any consolation I have the same probem and have had for years now. I've just got into the habit of copying every post that is longer than a coupe of lines before I send it. It's the same in pm too, for me at least. I do agree that it is very annoying to have your posts disappear before your eyes.

12. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I realize this may sound like a pain, but to be certain a long post won't disappear you can type it up in notepad and then log in and copy/paste it in a message. I was forced to do it a couple of times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.