1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

The new software

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by Craftsman, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Craftsman

Craftsman Member Staff Member

Hey, I like it.... I hope if this fixes the auto-logout problem, we'll get more participation.

One thing I can't find is how to mark a forum read. Some of the old threads show up as new to me.

PB

2. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I've been seeing that same thing today, short of just opening all of them I haven't found a way to change it yet. If I find it out, I'll post it here!

3. Craftsman

Wierd, I'm still logged in today, I don't have to manually log in and then click off my summary page to get to the forums... this is going to take some getting used to. :)

4. Craftsman

Apparently some things are still being tweaked. I can't log into the gallery. Either I have forgotten my password or I have to re-register. Both of those buttons bring me back to the forum home page though.

PB

5. Craftsman

I went through and clicked all the new threads, but the nipples forum still shows bold as if there are new posts, but there aren't any.
    I can see some mature content in the gallery to spite not being logged on too.

Not complaining, just trying to point out any bugs I see so they can be directed to the programmer if need be.

PB

6. Craftsman

The edit post time limit is set to zero seconds... that could be lengthened to say a month. I tend to fix typos and such as I notice them, sometimes it's a few days.

PB

7. xerophyte

xerophyte Administrator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  8. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I also noticed the gallery bug, I found out that instead of using my email address (which logs me into the site) I had to use my actual forum name as my user name (xXJarredXx instead of email)

As far as marking the pictures as mature content, it could be a site bug or pictures that slipped through Rainbird, Laura, or my own scrutiny. If you'd like to link the pictures in question to my inbox, I'll have a look and see if they are marked mature or not.

On a side note, where is the link for the usercp? I can see and change all my settings and stuff, but I cannot find the area to edit my signature, the new smileys have given my signature an unintended tongue face haha.

9. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

When I log in I am not seeing any posts highlighted as being new.
    I cannot see the quick link to new posts any more, it used to be in the top right hand site on the forum menu page.
    I cannot see a link to my private messages.
    The only way I managed to get to them was through the link posted to my personal e mail.
    I only found this thread by chance through a most convoluted route.
    Sorry, from what I can see this is inpractible for admin and mod purposes. We need all new posts available in one place to perform moderation and effectively trap spammers.

10. Craftsman

Log out, go to the gallery and click on the female genital area. Nothing seems to be blocked. I tried to log in using my screen name and it still won't let me in.

PB

11. xerophyte

Have included a link on the top menu "Whats new", which should give you new posts, for moderation you can see http://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

12. Craftsman

The words "view all recent threads" is the same color as the background so you can only see them if you select the area.

PB

Untitled.jpg

13. xerophyte

PB, Fixed the menu issue, Please let us know if you see any other problem with forum. We really appreciate your help

14. Craftsman

Glad to help..

The menu hasn't changed though... I still can't see the words. I did a shift-reload to make sure I wasn't just reloading old cache.

PB

15. Craftsman

and I still can't edit my posts...

16. xerophyte

PB , could you please give me more info about how you can not edit your post. Thanks

17. Craftsman

I get an edit button when I first make the post, but it gives me an error that says the time limit has expired. Today, the edit button isn't there at all.

PB

18. Craftsman

19. xerophyte

Could you please try now, you should able to edit it your own post. Let me know if you still have issues

20. Craftsman

Yep, that did the trick. I can edit now. :)

On another front, I have noticed that I now have to log on daily, whereas initially I thought it remembered me from day to day. Don't know if that is on your end or my end.

PB