1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

The new software

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by Craftsman, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Craftsman

Craftsman Member Staff Member

It seems the mature content is blocked now, but I still can't log in to the gallery to access my album.

PB

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Is there a reason for having to log into the Forum and Shop Products separately? It would be nice to only have to log in once. That way you only have to log out once.

3. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

You shouldn't have to login separately to shop and use the forum. That's just a result of the poor implementation an outside company did when setting up integrated login across the site previously. This will get continuously better as we launch all the components of the new site. Please bear with us!

4. Craftsman

Craftsman Member Staff Member

I'm looking forward to all the new stuff. [​IMG]

5. dnd4evr

There use to be a feature to search for member profiles by name, but I haven't seen it since the change. Is this something you will bring back?

6. Angel on the Edge

Hi Dnd4evr,

You should be able to search for members by going to https://bodyjewelryforum.painfulpleasures.com/members/ and using the "Find Members" box on the right-hand side of the page. To get to that page without the direct link, look for the bar across the top of the forum that has these links in it:

Home
    Forums
    What's New?
    Members
    Help

Click the little arrow to the right of "Members", then select "Registered Members". That also takes you to the Members page where the search box appears.

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

All the Best,
    Laura

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  7. dnd4evr

Ahhh, yes. Buried on the side. I was expecting it somewhere near the top and the pastel font color make it less obvious as well.

Thanks, now I know. ;)

8. Angel on the Edge

You're right, it is a bit buried. It should probably be at the top of the right rail, or maybe right after "News and Events". Also, I think it should be on every page of the forum where the right rail appears, not just on the Members page. I'll talk to our programmer about that.

As for the color scheme, we plan on giving the site a cosmetic makeover after all the structural/technical changes have been made. First we need to finish fine-tuning the new Gallery and Forum and replace our e-commerce management system, the Stories section, News & Events, and the other areas that haven't been updated yet. Hopefully when we do get around to giving the site a face lift, we'll choose a color palette that makes headings really pop.

Thanks for the feedback!!
    Laura

9. Angel on the Edge

I talked to our programmer about the "Find Member" box. I asked him to add it below the "News and Events" box on every page of the Forum that has a right rail. I also asked him to make the headings in those boxes bold so they're more noticeable. These aren't pressing issues, though, so he has them in his list of "backlog" changes. It might be awhile before he gets around to making these changes, but in the meantime, you can still get to the "Find Members" box through the "Members" drop-down menu.

Once again, thanks for the feedback! Please let me know if you think of anything else like this that we should change.

Take Care,
    Laura