1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Thumb Webbing

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by Mustang74, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Mustang74

Mustang74 New Member

I would like to get my thumb webbing pierced. How long does it take to heal and what is the probability of migration/rejection? I am big into weight lifting and swimming, how long would it be before I could resume these activities. Thanks in advance for any info to help me with my decision.

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I have seen a low estimated healing time of 6 weeks, a more moderate one at 14 weeks and a high estimate of 1 year. I also saw this is piercing has a high rejection rate (as I expected). Rejection/migration occurs as a result of pressure on the flesh. Some tissues handle it better than others and some sites are subjected to more stress than others. The hand it a high use, high stress area and with you being a weight lifter my thoughts are that this is highly incompatible for a web piercing.

As with any piercing, swimming is best avoided until your piercing is fully healed. Water will seep into any open crevice and bacteria and/or foreign matter will be brought along for the ride. There is a product that can be used to seal an area. It's called Tegaderm.