1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Tongue and septum stretching questions

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by ZombieAcid, Oct 27, 2016.

1. ZombieAcid

ZombieAcid New Member

hi,

I am planning to stretch my tongue to 8g and i have had my centre tongue piercing is about 10 months old. It is ready to stretch to 12g from 14g ( i got bored and just slipped the taper in to see if it would fit) but, i just need to get the jewellery. So after that how long should i wait until the next stretch to 10g and between other sizes?

Secondly i took my 16g septum a week ago because of an incident with stretching and now i would like to get it re pierced but, at a larger gauge. Is it better to stretch your septum if i get it pierced with an 8g needle or a 4mm punch? also just thinking about the scar tissue would it be possible to pierce in the same place? what are the risks of dermal punches? are there longer healing times with 8g septum piercing or 4mm punches?

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures (PP) community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a login you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

To keep out unwanted spam messages, all new members must have their first 3 messages approved (vetted) by the moderators before they can post freely.

The forum has undergone some recent changes. Many were for the good, but it also introduced a bug. When an unvetted member posts to an existing discussion, it does not show up as other posts do. If a fully vetted member posts, the section they post in is highlighted and the thread list has a green dot next to the thread they post in. Also if you click on "new posts" it will show up in the list. Unvetted members do not show at all. The only time an unvetted members post show is if they create a new thread and even then it's not very easy to find. PP is working on getting this fixed, but it may take some time.

If you post to the forum for help and you don't get a reply you are not being ignored. Please send a private message and include a thread link.

I am going to refer this to one of our other moderators. He should get back to you soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Hey there! I'm getting back to you (hopefully soon enough to count)!

A good rule of thumb to follow is making sure you don't race to the next gauge before proper healing has occurred. A freshly pierced tongue can take between 4-6 weeks to heal, typically. If you're going up in size, I would always wait at least half that period and check on the new size. Things like: how's it healing, is there any blood, lymph, or seepage, is it still swollen, etc. These are the typical things you look at for a fresh piercing, and it's the same thing for stretching a piercing (although, the healing time isn't always as long). The tongue heals faster than pretty much any other part of your body, and everyone's body is different. Results may vary.

To address your septum question, I can't say with much certainty on that matter, but I can give you my thoughts. The nostril area is fairly tough cartilage, it can be stretched just like parts of the ear, but dermal punches may be used instead. Due to the nature of cartilage, it is not likely to every fully "close" again, especially if you get a punch. Some piercers may choose to relocate the piercing area if the scar tissue is too dense or they are worried it will complicate the piercing. As far as complications and healing times, I'm not sure at all. If I had to guess I'd say a punch is going to have more healing time, or at least more complex aftercare.

Please keep in mind that this should, in no way, be regarded as expert opinions or medical advice. I would recommend sitting down with an industry professional (I.E. your piercer) and discuss with them the differences between a normal piercing and a dermal punch.

I hope this has helped you.